Thursday, May 8, 2008

Poppyseed Chicken Casserole

I got this recipe from my Grandma Morris last summer when we were out in Utah visiting. I have changed it just a tad (cut the amount of crackers and butter in half) so it's pretty much the original recipe. I made this tonight and all 4 kiddos actually sat and ate it and liked it. That's a miracle in this house!!!

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

Cook 1 box Chicken Rice-a-Roni (I used the Wal-Mart brand)
Boil 5-6 chicken breasts, pull apart with a fork (I made chicken enchiladas on Monday and made double the amount of chicken so I would have it ready for this recipe later this week--I stick the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot, still frozen, on low for the day until I'm ready to prepare)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 c. sour cream
*Mix together and put into casserole dish

1 pkg (column) of Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 c. melted butter (or a little less)
1 T. poppy seeds
*Sprinkle on top

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Jill said...

This sounds really good! I'm so excited that you started the recipe blog!