Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ok, here we go!

I've had several people tell me I should start posting my recipes so here you go. I'm going to devote an entire blog to it. We'll see how this goes!

I used to hate cooking and never knew what to cook. I wouldn't even try new recipes or make something I made often if I was missing even 1 ingredient. I have now branched out and like to change things up a little or even just make something up with what I've got. I have to say, I haven't done that too many times, but whatever it was seemed to be ok! However, it's kind of difficult to recreate the recipe if I want to.

I used to ask my dad how he would make certain dishes and he couldn't really tell me. He's a "throw it in the pan," "a little of this, a little of that" type of cook and I have really learned a lot from him. That's kind of what I do a lot of times as well, so I'll do my best to include accurate measurements, but don't be surprised if I just say "a couple big spoonfulls of this" or a "sprinkle of that."

Hope you find some recipes that interest you and I would love for you to try them and let me know what you think! We all have to eat...right?

No comments: