Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sorry for the year long absence! A friend of mine :) told me I needed to put more recipes on here so here I am. Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm making my Grandma Johnson's Oatmeal Chocolate cookies today so I thought I'd share her recipe. My favorite thing to do is to freeze them and eat them cold. That's what she always did and had boxes of cookies she pulled out from the freezer for us to eat when we came to visit.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
1 c. shortening
Cream together in mixer.

Add:
2 eggs
1 t. soda dissolved in 1 t. hot water

Then add:
2 c. flour
1/4 c. milk
2 c. oatmeal
1 t. vanilla

Mix well and then stir in 1 pkg. chocolate chips and 1/2 c. chopped nuts. Bake 8-10 minutes at 375ยบ.

No comments: