Friday, May 9, 2008

Banana Muffins


I got this recipe for Banana Bread (no fat!) from my sister-in-law's mother (Annette Wells). This was the first time I tried it and I was super impressed. I always shy away from recipes like this thinking they will be bland, but these have so much flavor--yum! Instead of making bread I made mini muffins and of course, added chocolate chips, so my version is not completely no fat, but it's healthier than what I usually make. :)
Banana Muffins (no fat--unless you add the chocolate)

4 oz. applesauce (1/2 cup)--I used one of those little snack packs, cinnamon lite applesauce
1 c. brown sugar
3 bananas, mashed
3 eggs (may use "egg beaters")
2 c. wheat flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. chopped nuts (I omitted this because of my kids)
chocolate chips (maybe 1 c.)

Mix applesauce, sugar, and bananas together until well blended. Add eggs one at a time. Add flour, soda, and salt and fold gently together. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips if using. For a loaf bake for 1 hour at 350. I baked mini muffins at 350 for about 14 minutes.

No comments: